Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 131

A little back story about yesterday's post...

So, when I initially wrote yesterday's post I put that Rick was an astrology major, which he quickly notified me was incorrect.  Apparently, that was a totally offensive thing to do.  Who knew?  So, in an effort to avoid future offensiveness I looked up the definitions of both words.



as·tron·o·my

[uh-stron-uh-mee]–noun
the science that deals with the material universe beyond the earth's atmosphere.

as·trol·o·gy

[uh-strol-uh-jee]–noun
1.
the study that assumes and attempts to interpret theinfluence of the heavenly bodies on human affairs.
2.
Obsolete the science of astronomy.



I would just like to point out that the word astronomy is in the definition of the astrology, so I couldn't have been that far off right?  When I pointed this out to Rick his response was, "Astrology is shit, astronomy is real."  Noted. I will never confuse the two again, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment