Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 114

Sunday Randomness

Last night was the Big 12 championship.  Thank god Oklahoma beat stupid Nebraska before they left us for the Big 10!  Rick pretended to cheer for Oklahoma, but then when the game was over he told me he thought it would have been pretty funny if Nebraska won the Big 12 championship their last year in.  I don't know why he's so smug about Nebraska joining the Big 10, that just means there will be one more team in that conference to beat Illinois.  oooh, slam!  On a side note I'm pretty sure the Oklahoma band played Boomer Sooner about 50 times in the first half.  I was going to keep a count of how many times they played it in the second half, but they apparently came to their senses and stopped playing it so much.

I have this book that is a collection of grocery lists the author found.  He then pokes fun at the lists' authors for their spelling, drawings, and odd combinations of food.  If I had made a grocery list for my trip to the store last night I'm pretty sure I could have made it in the book:
Bacon.  Butterscotch Pudding. Refried Beans. Iced Oatmeal Cookies.

On the topic of grocery shopping... Rick and I usually try to make one big trip to the grocery store for the weeks supply of food every Sunday.  I'm pretty sure the people at Hyvee think he only has one outfit, because he wears the same thing.  Every week.  Without fail.  Navy Illinois sweatshirt, Black addidas pants, brown house shoes.  They also must think he's color blind, or can't match his clothes.  Today he added his stocking hat because it was 30 degrees out, but he didn't want to wear a coat, so maybe they didn't realize it was him. haha

Classes are over for me as of Friday, and I'm already lacking motivation.  I have almost two whole weeks to study for one final and write one 'reflection paper'.  Every semester I tell myself I have plenty of time to study and then the night before the final I freak out because I feel like I don't know anything, even though I've been studying for days.  Hopefully, I can talk some sense into myself this year and prevent this freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment