Sunday, September 26, 2010

day 44

Today Rick and I are making chili. Our chili recipe is from Rick's dad. I always laugh when I read through Rick's family recipes because they are very specific about the types and brands of ingredients. For instance, this recipe calls for Franco American Spaghetti, which I had never heard of until this recipe and is pretty difficult to find at the grocery store. We usually improvise with whatever rand of item is available or cheap, and it seems to turn out all right.
Rick told me today that his parents came up with this recipe "when they were poor" (at first I thought he said 'when they were 4' which would have been really impressive) and that is why everything in the recipe is canned. Either way, this is a pretty awesome chili recipe. I put some tomatoes in it this time bc we had some homegrown ones in the freezer from Rick's mom. Rick wasn't too happy about that and threatened to call his dad if my tomato addition ruined the chili haha. I've already snuck a few bites and I think it tastes great.
I also included a picture of our new crockpot bc I/Rick raved about it last week.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments:

Post a Comment