Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 169

Jessie was out tonight with her dad so I was a FREE MAN!  This coincided beautifully with wonderful weather and a special beer night at 23rd Street Brewery.  I started my afternoon by heading out on a 35 mile ride with some friends who were in MUCH better shape than I am due to their keeping up with riding over the winter.  I managed to hang on but was exhausted by the end of it.  Great time for beer!

23rd Street had a special firkin keg on tap of Oatmeal Chocolate Brown which I've never had before, good times.  Here's a picture of the finished product.
The other cool thing about this beer was it was served in a special keg called a firkin which is a smaller keg that is served near room temperature.  It was quite the hit and I the waitresses were pouring it nonstop the whole time I was there.  It only lasted an hour and fifteen minutes!

During my tasting I made new "friend."  I decided to order some food and as I was waiting for it to show up a guy named Chris sat down next to me.  We chatted for a bit and I found out he was a "new age" writer for his brothers website and also invests in businesses on the side.  He was quite the character.  When my food came he decided to order something also and pointed at my plate and told the bartender "I'll have that."  He ended up ordered EXACTLY what I did....  Odd.

Oh well, in the end I got a free beer out of him, two glasses of the special beer and a story.  I retired back to our house and waited for Jessie and her dad to get home.  That was enough of the bachelor life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment